Creative Bridge is an accelerator programme designed for creatives from all backgrounds to learn best practice in building a digital product business. By learning startup theory and hearing creative entrepreneurs’ stories of how they made something amazing happen, or how they failed, participants will gain valuable insights into both what defines success for them and how to get there.
The course will consist of learning alongside a cohort of contemporaries selected from all creative disciplines, and participants will work in groups on an overarching project over the 10 weeks.
Creative Bridge is a chance for those in the creative community who want to upskill, gain confidence and create a business that makes sense.
– Oliver Littlejohn, Programme Lead
The lessons learned in each session are vital for every person building a business to think about – whether they’ve just got an idea or are already creating a company. We’ll be covering what makes a great idea, how a person defines success, how to build products that a customer actually wants.
- Each course runs for 10 weeks, for 3 hours per week on a Tuesday afternoon, based at CodeBase Edinburgh.
- Creative Bridge costs £5000, with places fully funded by the Creative Informatics programme.
To take part in Creative Bridge, you need:
- to come from a background within creative industries
- to want to understand best practice in the digital startup world
Creative Bridge is giving me a clearer sense of the viability of my idea. I’m only part of the way through the course, but the lessons learned and connections made are already invaluable.
– Tom Smith, Musician and Educator, Creative Bridge Pilot participant.
Elva Carri, Co-founder, GirlCrew [Dublin]
Steven Drost, CSO CodeBase [Edinburgh]
Narie Foster, Co-founder, MM.LaFleur [New York]
Neil Mackintosh [San Francisco]
Chris Downie, Co-founder, Pasabi [Edinburgh]
Jim Newberry, Founder, Tinned Fruit [Edinburgh]